Thursday, June 4, 2009

A time to remember

They say that when a parent is laid off, the kids remember not the stress and anxiety of the parent trying to find another job, but instead they relish in the fond memories of spending more time with that parent.  I sure hope that's true.  I feel very lucky to be able to relax, recharge my batteries before diving head first into teaching, let my wife earn the dough, get some of the unemployment insurance I've been paying into for years now.  

I get my MTEL test scores next Friday.  We'll see if I have to take any of the sections over on July 11.  The picture above is of the little ones enjoying some Nona's ice cream, waiting for the singalong to start, by the harbor.


For the past 2-3 months Jesse has been rehearsing his duet with Elly and Ms. Hanley.  Finally, this past Tuesday at the middle school, the 6th grade chorus and strings orchestra had their concert.  Posted above is a cellphone video of the duet performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment