Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Funemployed

Time Magazine listed a new word recently conjured up -- funemployed. It covers the recently laid off folks who are living off of their severance and unemployment benefits, enjoying their time off. I'm not quite funemployed -- I'm responsible for the kids during the day, so I can't watch movies and volunteer at the animal shelter every day. I've been procrastinating writing my application essay to get into Bridgewater State College. My home office is a complete disaster zone.

Alas the kids start day camp next week. I asked my kids what I should do with all my free time. They said "Clean up your room and get a job!"

Kids and I will be having lunch with some Citi friends tomorrow at Tantric (Indian buffet!) in Boston.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good Lord! We have to write an application essay? Should have seen that coming...

    ReplyDelete