Saturday, May 2, 2009

Decision made... going to give teaching a shot


    This last week has been busy, busy. A good busy.
  • Sunday -- did a very brief Earth Day related reading at church. A lot of fun!
  • Monday -- attended Hingham's town meeting, where we approved the request to put the tax override question on today's election ballot, in order to fund the operation of our newly built fourth elementary school. Gotta vote today!
  • Tuesday -- had the privilege to observe classes at Scituate HS. Moreover, I was able to chat with the principal and a number of teachers, including two career changers! At the end of the day, exhausted as I was, I had pretty much made up my mind that I should at least give teaching a try. It will be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I can't think of a more rewarding job / career for me at this point in my life. And I have the support of my family!
  • Wednesday -- attended a very helpful cover letter writing workshop at DBM in Boston. Going to make business cards, too. Then had a quick chat with a manager from my old company. She is terrific -- doing everything she can to help me, both internally and externally. I will never forget her kindness...
  • Thursday -- went to the dentist to get an FMX done (full mouth x-ray, thank you, Judi!) and a loose filling replaced. Also bought myself an interview suit! Took advantage of Jos. A. Bank's 40-60% off sale! Anyone want to guess how much the following cost: solid dark blue suit, additional brown pair of slacks, two cotton dress shirts, two silk ties, and a brown belt?
  • Friday -- Debbie and I both took Jayden to her gymnastics class at the Y. She was tickled pink that both her parents watched her. Afterwards splurged on lunch at Panera Bread. Their sun-dried tomato, mozarella, pesto panini is yum yum!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, teaching will be hard, but it will be sooooo worth it!! Today's words of wisdom from one of my Wheelock colleagues. "Follow your vision and your provision will follow."

    ReplyDelete