What a great trip to NYC! See the blokes above? What do they have in common? They're all alumni of Citi's Boston Development Center (BDC). They came out for the reunion in NYC this past Friday. (Special thanks to Steve Best for organizing the get-together...) Others were there, too, earlier in the evening. And still others not from the BDC joined us, too. It was so great seeing and chatting with so many friends.
I am very proud of the folks who have come through the Boston office. I feel privileged to have been a part of that program. In a sense it was my first foray into teaching -- preparing co-op interns and entry-level employees for the culture and development environment at Citi. That part of my job was quite fulfilling. Now that the Boston office is gone, I feel I made the right choice to pursue my second career and teach math in middle school.
Anyway a few weekends ago TP21 called me at 12am and then at 2am, about some failed jobs. Alas I didn't pull a Steve Chen ;-). I explained to them I was recently RIF'd. They felt genuinely bad... The funny thing was I didn't know who to refer them to. Yogi had moved on to GTS. Alex and Cindy had found new co-op assignments outside of Citi. I wasn't sure who had inherited Connectivity's apps. So I told them to page Dimiter ;-).
No comments:
Post a Comment